Saturday, April 14, 2007

Romania Summer!

I am excited yet again to go and serve in Romania this summer and wanted to take this time to fill you in on plans for the 2007 summer.

Through the times I have been to Romania, and loved it!, I have made some great contacts with those that work there in the organization Caminul Felix and with the leadership here in Santa Cruz that has helped lead our short term mission trips in the past years. I started talking with the leaders from Santa Cruz last December about what itcould look like for me to spend an extended time this summer in Romania. It was great to dream big about how I may help! Helping them in Romania with whatever they may need help with in the office (they tend to need help with answering e-mails in correct English and in a timely manner) and helping with other American teams that come for short term mission trips. I was then introduced through e-mail to leadership at Caminul Felix and they want me to come serve along side them this summer!

I am very excited and blessed to take so many skills that I have learned while working at SCBC into the field to help another organization. The scripture that God has put on my heart while praying and trusting Him with this adventure is: Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:9

I will be serving in Oradea, Romania with Caminul Felix, an organization committed to support and raise the abandoned and orphaned children of Romania. I will be serving with them July and August of this summer. Caminul Felix will provide my housing and food while I am there with them.

As you think of me in your prayers, I ask and only if you feel led by the Lord, to please consider helping me out financially with this mission trip. Your prayers are the most important area of support I could use, but as we know it does take financial help to be involved. I need to raise $1500 in support. If you feel led to support me financially, please send a check payable to Santa Cruz Bible Church with my name and the word “Romania” on the memo line. Any amount you can give in support will be a huge blessing and, as well, is tax deductible. All finanical contributions will go towards this mission.

Thank you for being a big part of my life and lifting me and this trip up in prayer. Your prayers and love mean the world to me! I look forward to sharing many stories with you about what God is going to do through this trip in the lives of the children in Romania and what He is going to teach and do in my own life and journey with Him! Please do ask me anytime any questions you may have about this adventure God has ahead for me!

No comments: