Thursday, July 12, 2007

Daily Outings . . .

So I have continued to help the Caminul Felix Director go through many e-mails each day, they get alot! And from all over the world! It is funny, cause we know if we wait til later in the afternoon we will get alot of the e-mails from the states cause of the big time difference, so about 5 p.m. our time is when we see alot of the American e-mails come through. I have also finished many of the cards that the house has to send out to their sponors and tommorrow we are going to organize the cards for all the house into the mailing groups that they need to be in for the different countries. We will be mailing these cards to America, England, Swenden and Down Under mate. Those are the countries where many of the sponors of the children from Caminul Felix are.

I have also been able to help an American couple here design their support letter and collage of photos to send back to the states to update those who support them. It was a bit of a challenge as the programs on their computer aren't ones I always work on at the churh, but we did it! And thank you to Mr. Allen Wan for computer help! The best IT guy there is! Even helping missionaries over seas! John and Lois are very grateful Allen! Thanks again!

Sunday I got to go to an Hungarian church with the family of the Santa Cruz House. I had visited this church last year too. This year we sat up closer to the front and the service was all in Hungarian. So it was hard to understand but the house father from the Santa Cruz House translated a bit of the service for me. At times when he couldn't I just listened. But I think I nodded off a few times too and the teenagers across the aisle from me were laughing I am sure. Seeing the American trying to stay awake! :)

Wednesday of this week I got to go into town with Lois to exchange money and buy a few food items that I wanted to have here to snack on. Their meals and diet here are lighter and I just wanted to have some things if I needed them. That, other then church, was really my first time into Oradea this trip cause so much is provided for out here in the village and I don't have a car. It was great, we went to this open air market where we were able to buy fruits and veggies and then we went onto Sell-gross which is very much like a Cost-co. You have to show a card to come in and show your card again to buy. They really have alot there but you have to buy in bulk. They also have another new store here called Real where I think I will try next time cause you don't have to buy in large bulk. It was really a nice outing with Lois and on the drive back into Caminul Felix we got to see this fox in the fields. Was pretty cool!



In the evenings I have been having dinner with the family of the Santa Cruz House and getting to play with the children before and after dinner. I don't want to brag, but they love me! :) I really like spending time with the oldest girl, Denisa, who is just about 13. She is getting into the teenage years and I think likes to spend time with me and others closer to her age. Even though she loves the younger ones, she needs time away from them too. She is growing up!

After meals these next couple of weeks with the Santa Cruz House, I hope to have and share meals with the family of the Celebration House. I love them! They are the family I really got to know the two times I was here on the mission trips. Plus I sponor one of their daughers Andrea. The whole family is just cool! Hope
to get to spend time with them soon!

A couple new people came into Caminul Felix today, a guy from Fremont named Joel and then later today a guy named Zach, not quite sure where he is from yet, will be coming in to help with the farm. Always a joy to have other Americans here too!

And soon the teams from Colorado and Mississippi will be here too! And it will get busy!

More to come later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting that you seem to have many male visitors in Romania. ;o) We love and miss you! That Allen Wan, he's alright to have around, huh? Hope you're having an awesome time!

about the authors said...

Laura,

We have Reals' in Germany too. German pronounce it Ree-Al. If it's anything like the ones I've been too you should be able to find what you need. Think Fred Meyer.

Love you!

Robin

gimlix2 said...

Glad to be of service Laura!