I am in Romania! I came in very late on the 3rd, it was actually the 4th when I finally made it to Caminul Felix. It was tough getting through London cause they had a bomb scare and had to evacuate all of terminal 4 and that pushed all the flights back and boy did they have a waiting line out on the run way along with a nice lighting storm that also caused a further delay. But I got here safe! One of the parents of the Santa Cruz House was there waiting for me in the airport in Budapest. I felt bad cause they had to wait a whole 3 hours for my delayed plane and then drive back late at night into Romania. And they even had food waiting for me at like 1 a.m. when we got in. Then we found my room in the nice Noble House Hotel here at Caminul Felix. It is nice and I have a room to myself unless they need to use it for one of the teams that comes in. There was a team from Indiana here when I got here, and they called their team the Indiana team even though most of them were from Michigan! There are also two people here from Norway, an uncle and his niece helping with some of the farm equipment. They speak english too which is so cool! I am learning more about Norway and it sounds like a beautiful country!
Their are two American couples here too that help with the farm. John and Louis from Modesto and John and Sherry from New York. They both seem like really cool couples. John and Louis invited myself and others over to their house the first night I was here to help celebrate the 4th of July with a nice American BBQ and we pretty much also got to see natures fireworks that night as I believe the storm that went through London then came through Romania. Was pretty cool! Even lost power for a little while! There was too be a Romaniaian TV crew that was going to come and ask us Americans some questions about our national holiday, but we never saw them come by.
I have be able to visit a few of the houses, so far mainly Santa Cruz House, Cypress House and Celebration House. Below are some photos of the hats I was able to give to the kids in the Santa Cruz House from the Knit Wits at Santa Cruz Bible Church. They loved them!




I can write more tommorrow about how and where I am helping out and about our trip to the Bear Caves today! Time for bed for this girl! :)
1 comment:
Hi Laura!
I am so glad you are there and safe. I love the pics! I am praying for you.
Your SoCal friend,
Jenna H.
Post a Comment