Wednesday, October 31, 2007
A 5.6!
Okay living in California you have to be ready for earthquakes at anytime. We had one that hit last night at about 8:04 p.m. and was a 5.6 and was centered 9 miles Northeast of San Jose and was 6 miles deep. There was no doubt that everyone could feel it! I was upstairs of my place and it first felt like a very large truck was driving by. I was also holding my cat at the time it happened and she totally freaked out and went and hid under the bed. It was such a blessing that there was NO damage reported at all around the Bay Area. Huge blessing! This is the first quake I have really felt in Santa Cruz, I felt one a few years back in San Jose when I was living there but can't quite remember the size of it but I would say it was about the same as the one last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Laura, I am so glad you're okay. I remember the quake you mentioned when we were in San Jose. I was sitting by the pool at Don's place in Campbell and I totally flipped out (think Robin hysterical and you're close). All he said after it was over was, "that was decent."
I guess when you grow there you acquire a thick skin for them. I'm not sure I could ever get used to that feeling!
Post a Comment