Friday, January 04, 2008

In Memory

Some of you may have seen my status a couple weeks ago on facebook or myspace where I mentioned that I was "saddened by the lost of a dear old friend." Today at work and church we celebrated the life of that friend.

I got to know Don when I first started working at Santa Cruz Bible Church. When I first started at this job, I weekly created the bulletins that were used in the weekend services. With the many bulletins came the Friday Friends who were and are so faithful in putting the bulletin and all its elements together while having fellowship over coffee and donuts. Don was one of the Friday Friends and always soooo faithful. Don could be found serving all over the church!

Don and his wife would weekly each Monday come and recycle through our bulletins so we as a church could reuse the communication cards and other inserts that didn't get used. Then he would be here every Tuesday in the kitchen helping prepare the dinner for the great Tuesday Night Dinners. Wednesdays you would find him around the campus doing whatever maintenance needed to be done! Fridays he would be in WC10 with his Friday Friends. Then the weekends at the services helping hand out the bulletins. And in the nice warm weather serving in the many BBQ's we have around here. Truly a servant serving the body of Christ!

Anyone that knows me knows that I enjoy a nice cold Pepsi, (yeah, yeah . . . . . . never got into the hot caffeine . . . . . . don't really enjoy coffee . . . . . I guess growing up in a town with a Pepsi plant, having Pepsi in the "Marriott" at college so available and then working at Cisco where the refreshments were all free . . . . yeah, I like it :)) Well, Don would always ask me about Pepsi and when I would drink one next! :) He always wanted one too. He was my Pepsi drinking buddy!

I was shocked to come back to work and learn of his passing on Christmas Eve night. I had literally just seen him at that Christmas Eve service when he handed me the program. I am going to miss my dear old friend, but I know where he is! Don is with HIM! (Maybe even drinking a Pepsi!)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man.