Dear Friends and Family,
I pray and hope that the beginning months of this year have found you and yours blessed and happy!
Santa Cruz Bible Church is looking forward to where God is calling many in His body to serve this summer. I would love to share with you where I believe God is calling me this summer and fall. One of the trips taking place this July is in the Dominican Republic serving with Mercy Ships. We will be ministering in many ways (children's ministry, medical, office work, evangelism, construction and misc. help) at the Mercy Ships base in the Dominican Republic and surrounding communities. The cost to participate is $1650. As a team, we would like to have 50% of our support in by the end of April to secure the flight tickets.
Also as many of you know, I have had a heart for Romania and the children/teenagers of Caminul Felix, and organization committd to support and raise the abandoned and orphaned children of Romania. SCBC will again send a short term mission team to work along side Caminul Felix and its leadership the last two weeks of October 2008. It will be a joy to re-connect with many friendships that grew stronger over my two months stay at Caminul Felix last summer. I am blessed to help them develop some training matrial that God is going to use in other countries to begin similar organizations like Caminul Felix around the world! To see what God is going to do in the lives of children around this globe, is a gift! The cost to participate in the Romania mission is $2500.
As you think of me in your prayerss, I ask, and only if you feel led by the Lord, to please consider helping me out financially with these mission trips. Your prayers are the most important area of support I could use, but as we know it does take financial support to be involved. I need to raise $4150 in support to coer both of these missions If you feel led to support me financially, please send a check payable to Santa Cruz Bible Church with my name and the words "Dominican Republic and Romania" on the memo line - 440 Frederick Street Santa Cruz, CA 95062. Any amount you can give in support will be an amazing blessing and is tax deductible. The full finanical amount of contributions will go towards these missions.
Thank you so much for letting me share with you what are some great missions ahead! Your friendship, prayer and support mean so much to me! I look forward to sharing stories about what God is going to do through these mission trips and in these countries! Pleas do ask me anytime any questions you may have!
Laura Rodgers
lrodgers@santacruzbible.org or rodgerslaura@hotmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment