Friday, April 07, 2006

Romania, July 2006!



Dear Friends and Family,

I am so excited to return to Romania and visit once again with great friendships that were established on my first trip two years ago! I will be going with Santa Cruz Bible Church this summer, July 13 - July 27th! As a team, we will have the privilege to work with Caminul Felix, an organization committed to support and raise the abandoned and orphaned children of Romania.

When I think of Europe, the amazing churches and such church history, it makes me realize there is a need for sheparding and commitment to live your faith outside those big church walls!

On this trip our project will be to complete more teen apartments within THE TEEN HOUSE. THE TEEN HOUSE will have a total of 14 apartments as transitional housing for young adults who graduate from the homes of Caminul Felix. THE TEEN HOUSE will include a program of launching these young adults into occupations and learn living skills during a tranistional period of time.

To be part of this trip I will need support. Most importantly I will need your support through prayers! Pray that I look to God for what He wants me to learn and give through this wonderful experience. As a team we will also need prayer that everything goes smoothly as well as God’s protection for the group.

As you think of me in your prayers, I ask and only if you feel led by the Lord, to please consider helping me out financially with this mission trip. Your prayers are the most important area of support I could use, but as we know it does take money to be involved. I need to raise $2,500 in support. If you feel led to support me financially, please send a check payable to Santa Cruz Bible Church with my name and the word "Romania" on the memo line. Any amount you can give in support will be a huge blessing and, as well, is tax deductible. All financial contributions will go towards this project.

I thank you for taking the time to read this letter and for the support you are able to give. God bless!

Laura Rodgers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi