This last Sunday since we didn't get back from Budapest til like 2 a.m. in the morning I only had about 5 hours of sleep before getting up to go to church. I went to Centrul Crestin Salem Church here in Oradea with Lisa, she is a director here at Caminul Felix, and Catarina, she works in the Sunflower gift shop here at Caminul Felix. And boy was it a church that kept me awake! It was really cool! ALOT of young people there! Pretty much a Young Adults Church! Yeah!! The worship, all in Romanian, was amazing and I could recoginze alot of the same songs we sing in worship. And then on the fast songs, usually at the chorus, they would dance and jump up and down. Really cool! Even when it is soooo hot!!! Then the sermon was in Romanian, but the pastor also had his son translate it into English. I guess the pastor and his family have spent some time in the states and are all very fluent in English. It was great understanding the message. There was also a group from Atlanta visiting so there we quite a few Americans there. One of them gave their testimony and it was an amazing story of his life change and the time he spent in Iraq and having a son at home with some major disabilities. What a great testimony of his faith.
After church we went to the Lotus mall for lunch and to get out of the heat, nice air conditioning in the mall! And guess what! We had an all American meal at KFC! Now I havn't been to a KFC in a looooong time since my brother got pretty sick from one in the states, but I wasn't going to try to explain that! :) And it was really good! Had this chicken wrap they call the "twister", and oh yeah, Pepsi!! If you know me, you know I like Pepsi! And I didn't have any the first whole like week and a half I was here, I was quite proud of myself! But now, sorry it tastes so good when you are soooo hot! Don't worry, I am drinking ALOT of water too! :)
As we walked around we also got some gelato! Raspberry for me! Nice!

It was very nice Sunday getting to know Lisa and Catarina more. I enjoy working with them both up at the office. They are both from Sweden and I hear it is a wonderful place!
After that nice afternoon it was time for a nap after the long day before in Budapest. Was a nice Sunday and start for the week ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment